- POLYMATRIX HV Viscosifier and Fluid Loss Reducer
POLYMATRIX HV is a premium, refined grade cellulosic Viscosifier and Fluid loss reducer for all water-based muds. POLYMATRIX HV can be used as an additive to stabilize Bentonite Slurries in contaminated Grounds or as Stand-Alone Polymer Slurry in reactive Ground Conditions. Applications include Horizontal Directional Drilling, Deep Foundations, Microtunnelling & Water well Drilling.
- POLYMATRIX LVF Fluid Loss Reducer
POLYMATRIX LV is a refined grade Low Viscosity cellulosic Viscosifier for all water-based muds. POLYMATRIX LV helps reduce Fluid Loss with minimal increase in Slurry Viscosity. Applications include Horizontal Directional Drilling, Deep Foundations, Microtunnelling & Water well Drilling.
- FLUIDSPERSE Liquid synthetic Thinner
FLUIDSPERSE 60 is a formulation of synthetic polymers in a pale yellow to colourless viscous liquid form. FLUIDSPERSE functions as an all-purpose water-soluble dispersant and Thinner. Its deflocculating properties especially in reactive Clays, makes FLUIDSPERSE an efficient additive in Bentonite based drilling Formulations.
- POLYBLUE 60 Synthetic Viscosifiers (PVP / PVL)
POLYBLUE 60 is a range of multi-functional long chain, anionic drilling polymers available in both Powder and Liquid form. Properties such as rapid field mixing, instant viscosity development, and clay and shale inhibition improve Drilling efficiency both in Vertical & Horizontal Drilling Operations such as Deep Foundations, Horizontal Directional Drilling, Water well & Geotechnical Drilling.
- S3 LUBE Premium Salt tolerant Drilling Fluid Lubricant
S3 LUBE is an encapsulating, highly efficient Salt-Tolerant Drilling lubricant to help reduce excessive rotational torque and drag, and prevent bit balling without affecting rheology. S3 LUBE is an all-purpose concentrated ester Lubricant.
- FLUIDTHIN High Performance Salt tolerant Dispersant
FLUIDTHIN is a liquid biodegradable thinner & dispersant specially formulated to function in all water based-mud systems. It reduces and stabilizes viscosity & gel
strength and contributes to reduce Fluid Loss.FLUIDTHIN is a highly efficient additive to help reduce Torque and Jacking forces especially in Horizontal Drilling Applications.
- S3 FLUIDS for HORIZONTAL DIRECTIONAL DRILLING Works:
A Perfect Drilling Fluid Formulation plays a major role in the successful execution of any Horizontal Drilling Operation.
Functions of a Drilling Fluid for HDD Works:
- Transporting drill cuttings to the surface by suspending and carrying them in the fluid stream flowing in the annulus between the bore wall and the drill pipe/product.
- Cleaning off build-up on drill bits or reamer cutters by directing fluid streams at the cutters.
- Cooling the downhole tools and electronic equipment.
- Lubricating to reduce the friction between the drill pipe/product and the bore wall.
- Stabilizing the bore, especially in loose or soft soils by building a low permeability filter cake, and exerting a positive hydrostatic pressure against the bore wall. The filter cake along with positive hydrostatic pressure reduces collapse of the bore and prevents formation fluids (i.e. groundwater) from flowing into the bore or drilling fluids from exiting the bore into the formation (loss of circulation).
- Providing hydraulic power to downhole mud motors.
- S3 FLUIDS for MICRO TUNNELLING – PIPEJACKING Works:
To ensure the success of a MicroTunnelling–Pipejacking Operation, a carefully selected appropriate Drilling Fluid Formulation is necessary that should be able to overcome the frictional resistance induced during the jacking of the pipes in the ground.
When excavating through unstable formations, a suitable mud must be formulated to achieve an efficient face support and help the excavation, as well as easing the removal of excavated cuttings.
Functions of a Lubricating Fluid in Microtunnelling – Pipejacking Operation:
– The Lubricating Fluid helps to reduce the jacking force by reducing the Frictional forces caused due to the contact between the soil and the pipe.
– The Fluid also assists in the stabilisation process of the oversize cut in unstable soil.
The Rheological Properties of Lubrication Slurry need to be constantly monitored and adjusted whenever necessary in different Ground Conditions, e.g. to limit the hydration of water sensitive formations e.g. sticky, swelling clay etc.
- S3 FLUIDS for SPECIAL FOUNDATION Works:
The Selection of an optimal Fluid Formulation in Special Foundation works depends on factors such as Type of Excavation: Bored Piles, D-Walls / Cut-Off Walls etc. in addition to the Ground Conditions & the Equipment being used for the purpose.
The Functions of the Drilling Fluid in a Deep Foundation Operation:
– Ensure the stability of the excavation during the drilling up to the Concreting Stage.
The formation of an impermeable cake in case of a Bentonite Fluids permits the application of the required hydrostatic pressure to counterbalance the Ground stress arising from earth pressure and the groundwater.
The Fluid maintains the cohesion of the soil in the vicinity of the open trench, thanks to its yield point that limits the penetration of the drilling mud into the formation.
– The drilling fluid also helps suspend excavated Solids, allows the transport and the removal of the cuttings.
- Bentonite Mud System:
The most economical and widely used Fluid Formulation is using a naturally occurring Bentonite Mud as a Drilling Fluid medium. The Rheological Properties & formation of an impermeable Mud cake during excavation helps make it a widely accepted Fluid Formulation especially in loose / fractured Ground Formations.
- Polymer Mud System:
Among the most recently used Fluid Formulations- a Polymer mud system- either Synthetic or Cellulosic may be proposed in situations where use of a Bentonite system may be deemed unsuitable together with its obvious technical advantages- such as its improved Foundation performance e.g. in Load Testing of B-Piles, and also its Environmental and Operational Benefits e.g. minimal Site Equipment needed.
- Bentonite + Polymer Mixed Mud System:
When necessary, a Bentonite or a Polymer Mud System may be recommended to be modified into a Mixed Mud System to suit the Technical requirements of a particular given Site. Expert Supervision and Technical Support is needed to manage such a Mud System.
Contact us for further assistance.